Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Posting schedule

I am going to attempt to create a posting schedule that will be loosely followed.  Basically on Friday's I'll try and always post some sort of running/training update. This is more for me to keep track of what I ran over the past week. It's going to be weird because I usually do long runs on Saturdays or Sundays, but whatever I'll make it work. I will also try and do at least one other post during the week.

So the election is today. Thank god. This election has really ruined my attempt at caring about football. I care because I paid (or will pay since I haven't sent in the money yet) $10 to join a fantasy football league, therefore I paid $10 to care. Here is what $10 got me:

  • Hilarious recap emails from Anna about the week and about how I should bench certain players.
  • Funny trash talk emails from everyone else on the league usually directed at Sally and why she hasn't subbed out her bye week players
  • Frustration when I finally start moving players around and they always have amazing weeks right after I get rid of them (or start sucking as soon as I start to play them). Not that RGIII is sucking, it's just when I didn't play him he was scoring like 30pts and when I do play him he gets 17.
  • Delight in finding a game that comes in on our TV (which works better with the new antenna, thanks DOD)
  • Anger at having this delight ruined by political ads.
I would recommend fantasy football because it's been fun to care about a sport I know very little about. But I really wish I had liked this last year when I didn't have to sit through election commercials. I'm looking at all of you too, not just one side or the other. I can't imagine it does much to swing people. First of all if you agree with one party you are going to cheer for your team and make snarky comments about the other team when their commercial comes up. The only thing I can say is it does get me fired up to vote, so if these commercials are GOTV motivated then good job because both sides inspire me to fill in my ballot. I would be interested in knowing how an undecided voter views these commercials. My first instinct is an undecided voter would either turn off their TV, mute it (like I do), or sigh loudly and decide they hate everyone and not vote. Which is the opposite of what the people putting on the commercials would want if they are GOTV motivated.

Anyways, after today at least the commercials will be done. But I am not ignorant to the fact that the news people will continue to talk about the election, election results, hanging chads, voter disenfranchisement, voter fraud, and the like for weeks following the election. That is fine, just as long as they don't do it while I'm watching Redman pick up a lot of yards the week after I took him out of my lineup because someone on ESPN noted that he was injured and might not play....

RGIII you've been warned...Christian Ponder is ready to sweep in as soon as I give up all hope and put all my eggs in the vikings basket.

No comments:

Post a Comment