Sunday, July 14, 2019

Day 14 Week Two Blues


Week two is the hardest. Week one is great, you get to feel successful with each day of training; look at me I did it, I ran three days in a row! Week two you realize you have to do it again, and again for another 17 weeks. This week was hard but I'm glad that I got it done. I got the right number of miles in, sort of unconventionally, but I did it.

Here's what week 2 looked like:

                Monday     Tuesday     Wednesday     Thursday       Friday     Saturday      Sunday
Plan         rest             3mi            5mi                 3mi                 rest          9mi             cross
Actual     rest             2mi            2.5mi(w)         track/2mi       4.54mi     2.23mi        8.9mi     

Total: 22.27miles

I didn't cross train last week nor this week. Frisbee covers a lot of the other type of movements I need. I think when I have less frisbee I can work in more of a cross training workout into my routine. Tuesday and Thursday were both frisbee days. I did a track workout before a double header on Thursday and my quads were sore for the next few days. Wednesday was a walk, so not a run. I know part of my struggle is making sure I continue to do things every day when I can so I can't get too mad if it's a walk and not a run. As long as I get my miles in and make sure I hit my long runs I feel good about it. I thought the run I picked on Friday was 5 miles, when I double checked on mapmyrun.com I realized that the 5 mile route adds one small part that I didn't do. I'm mostly happy about my Sunday run. I ran a similar run last week but shorter (took out an extra section I added to get close to 9 miles) and I did it faster. I'm hoping this gets me slowly to a more comfortable feeling running "pace" runs.

Sorry nothing exciting or profound this week. Just wanted to make sure I kept to my accountability by posting what I did. Week 3 will be interesting. Next Friday, Saturday, Sunday is Master's Nationals so it will be a lot of frisbee. Hopefully I'll have deeper thoughts after that!

No comments:

Post a Comment